Thursday, May 1, 2014

Jesus Knows Our Name and Recognizes Our Voice

Sometimes it may feel like Jesus just doesn't hear us.  It may feel like He just doesn't understand what we are going through. It is during those times we need to remember to love Him with our hearts:(feelings), and our minds; (our understanding).

Hear are some passages that prove He love us and knows us intimately.

He knows your name
Genesis 21:17 But God heard the boy crying, and the angel of God called to Hagar from
heaven, “Hagar, what’s wrong? Do not be afraid! God has heard the boy crying as he lies there.
John 10:3  .... the sheep recognize his voice and come to him. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.
 
He recognizes your voice:
Psalms 66:19    But certainly God has heard me; He has attended to the voice of my prayer.

Psalms 139:4 You know what I am going to say even before I say it, LORD.
 
He understands what you are going through:
Psalms 56:8 You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book.
Exodus 3:7And the LORD said: “I have surely seen the oppression of My people who are in Egypt, and have heard their cry because of their taskmasters, for I know their sorrows
 
So during those times when we think Jesus doesn't understand what we are going through or hear our prayers we must walk by faith and not by sight. *
 
Lord hear our prayer: Father I don't understand what I am going through but I know that you do. Please give me direction and let your word be a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.*
 

*II Corinthians 5:7For we walk by faith, not by sight. 
*Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding In all your ways acknowledge Him,  And He shall direct your paths.
* Psalms 119:105 Your word is a lamp to my feet  And a light to my path.
 

No comments: