Sunday, May 25, 2014

Better To Be Wise Than Right

Do you ever have to have the last word? Sometimes I do. But it isn't wise. Having the last word can cause debates which escalate into arguments. Arguments bring hurt feelings and anger. Anger is very dangerous and can kill relationships and spoils our joy.
 Did you ever try to raise your hands in praise while being angry. Hmmmm?
 
We are not called to be right. We are to yield fruit of the spirit and kindness is plays a big part in the demonstration that fruit!
 
Proverbs 15:1 A gentle answer deflects anger but harsh words make tempers flare.
 
Jesus said in Matthew 10:16. " Look I am sending you out as sheep among wolves so be wise as serpents and harmless as doves.
Godly wisdom is pure, peaceful and gentle. It is willing to yield and full of mercy, and full of good fruits. It doesn't demand its own way.*
 
 
Prayer: Father please help me to be kind and gentle. Let the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my mind be pleasing in your sight.
 
*See James 3:17 and I Corinthians 13:4-8

No comments: