Saturday, May 17, 2014

People Pleasing -Thief of Peace and Killer of Joy


Hebrews 12:1-2 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

I read a quote today that really spoke to me. It is from Phillip Keller. "When my eyes are on my Master they are not on those around me. This is the place of peace."

I have to admit that I am a "people-pleaser." It bothers me if I think someone thinks ill of me. I can't help it, that is just the way I am bent. I worry and fret and bring myself to frustration. That worry becomes fear and it steals my peace and kills my joy!

We are not supposed to be stumbling blocks to others.*
And while that is true, we have to remember that He that the Son sets free is free indeed!*


*I Corinthians 8:9 But you must be careful so that your freedom does not cause others with a weaker conscience to stumble.

*John 8:36 So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free.
I Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.


































No comments: