Monday, May 5, 2014

God's Voice- Words or Thunder?

Taken from John 12:17-18
The crowd that was with Him when He raised Lazarus spread the word that Jesus was in town.
Some heard the words, "Lazarus, come forth, and saw the miracle, others came to check out the rumor.

John 12:28-30 Father, bring glory to your name.” Then a voice spoke from heaven, saying, “I have already brought glory to my name, and I will do so again. "When the crowd heard the voice, some thought it was thunder, while others declared an angel had spoken to him.
Jesus said, “This voice was for your benefit, not mine.
 
The point is Jesus said that the voice was for our benefit. It wasn't just a sound,  it was a voice and he wanted us to understand it. .
 
We can only extrapolate that the ones who heard a voice were people who followed close enough to hear Jesus speak, while others could only hear a sound.
 
So what are you hearing? Words or thunder?*
 
John 1:1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 10:27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me

No comments: