Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Don't I Know You From Somewhere?

Haven't you ever met someone for the first time and had the sensation that you  knew them?  After speaking with them for a short time you begin to realize that like you, they also are a believer in Jesus!

Though we may not see Jesus with our natural eyes, it is absolutely possible to recognize him with our hearts.  When we love Jesus with all of our heart. It isn't long before He comes into just about every conversation. The Holy Spirit brings the spotlight on the lover of our soul and we just can't seem to help ourselves.  That fountain of Living Water spills over and splashes out of us!*


John 14:21 Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them.”

Luke 24:31 Suddenly, their eyes were opened, and they recognized him. And at that moment he disappeared!
Luke 24:32 They said to each other, “Didn’t our hearts burn within us as he talked with us on the road and explained the Scriptures to us?”

Take note that the disciples who met Jesus did not know it was him until He explained the scriptures to him. They recognized the burning in their hearts. I believe that was the feeling of "Don't I know you from somewhere?" But they didn't recognize him until he spoke the word.  It was the Word they recognized!

Jesus is the Word!
Oh I want to see Him!


*“You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden.
*John 7:38 Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them.”
*Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples.”
*John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.

No comments: