Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Mary's Heart


 There are days when  many "voices" call our name. "I need to write out the bills", I am running late for work", I need to do thus and so", and they all are indeed important things that need to be done. 

Those days are usually  frantic and exhausting. We are more apt to be irritable and touchy. We are trying to do things in our  own way and with our own strength. It's kind of like saying, "That's okay, Lord.  I've got this."  When really we don't. Oh we can get some things done. But they aren't  blessed. We can get prideful  because we  think we've really done something!


Prayer: Father, please forgive me for the times I forget to make time for you. Forgive me for getting prideful and trying to do things my own way. Let me have a heart like Mary's and take time to sit at Your feet.


Luke 10:39 And she had a sister called Mary, who also sat at Jesus feet and heard His word.
Luke 10:40 But Martha was distracted with much serving, and she approached Him and said, “Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Therefore tell her to help me.”Luke 10:41 And Jesus answered and said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things.
Luke 10:42 There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her.”


No comments: