Friday, May 16, 2014

The Lord is my Shepherd Psalms 23:1

What does a shepherd do anyway? How can we exclaim the Lord is my Shepherd?

First the shepherd must purchase the sheep. And Jesus did that by shedding his blood on the cross. So we must accept that sacrifice and place ourselves under His ownership.'' And that's a good thing if we can get a glimpse of who the Good Shepherd is and what he does.  He loves us so much that he gave his life for us.*

When Jesus was in great despair knowing that He was going to be crucified he prayed. He asked the Father to glorify his name and a voice from heaven  I have glorified it and will glorify it again.  Then some who heard it said it sounded like thunder, (a noise) others said an angel spoke to him. Jesus explained that the voice came not for his sake but for our sakes.*

The point is those who were with Jesus; (The Word of God. John 1:1) heard a voice.  It wasn't a noise. It was plain and clear and easily understood.

He says my sheep know my voice and I know them and they follow me.*

So is he our shepherd?  Do we recognize His voice? He is the Word of God.*  If we want to hear his voice,  we must spend time in His Word.

John 10:11 “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd sacrifices his life for the sheep.
Taken from John 12:28-30 Emphasis mine.
John 10:27 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
John 1:1

** This will be very much like the post entitled, "God's Voice-Words or Thunder"
That was not my intent.  It is just my heart to emphasize how very, very important it is that we spend time in the Word. Blessings!

No comments: