Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A Quiet Mind

 I hear many folks say they can't "turn off" their mind.

In the following passage God was speaking to the children of Israel.  He had a plan to give them rest but they did things their own way and they suffered because of it:

Isaiah 30:15 This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: “Only in returning to me and resting in me will you be saved. In quietness and confidence is your strength. But you would have none of it.

The key is in knowing the Lord, trusting His word and doing His will:
Psalms 119:165 Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble

Jesus wants us to be rested and peaceful but we have to come to him to find it.
Matthew 11:28 “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Prayer: Father when our hearts are troubled and anxious help us  to remember the loving-kindness and mercies You constantly bestow upon us. Let us recall Your supernatural provision in times of need. Bring Your word to our minds and cause us to rest in the arms of the Holy Spirit, Our Comforter.

John 14:1“Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

I Timothy 1:7 For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.

*Isaiah 30:1-15











No comments: