Saturday, August 9, 2014

Voices and Choices - Who Ya Gonna Listen To?

Many of us have seen the cartoon picture of the little angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other. Maybe that isn't so far off. 

Here's what I mean:

 In Proverbs 9:3-6  (Wisdom is calling),  She has sent her servants to invite everyone to come. She calls out from the heights overlooking the city. “Come in with me,” she urges the simple. To those who lack good judgment, she says, “Come, eat of my bread  And drink of the wine I have mixed. Leave your simple ways behind, and begin to live; learn to use good judgment.”

Later on in that same chapter we see the foolish woman cry out too. Proverbs 9:16-18   “Come in with me,” she urges the simple. To those who lack good judgment, she says, “Stolen water is refreshing; food eaten in secret tastes the best! "But little do they know that the dead are there. Her guests are in the depths of the grave.

Both wisdom and the foolish woman cry out to us. They both recognize a lack of good judgment.

Wisdom wants to give us a nourishing meal and teach us. The foolish woman wants to give us a deceitful snack and kill us.

Jesus is the only Way  the to the Father,  He is the absolute Truth and the Bread of Life. Satan comes to steal, kill, deceive and destroy.

*John 14:6 Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.

 *John 6:35 Jesus replied, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry again. Whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. 
 
*John 8:44For you are the children of your father the devil, and you love to do the evil things he does. He was a murderer from the beginning. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies.
 
*John 10:10The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.
 

Who ya gonna listen to?
 




No comments: