Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Ya Can't Know What Ya Don't Know But What Ya Don't Know Can Kill You!


Hosea 4:6 my people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. “Because you have rejected knowledge, I also reject you as my priests; because you have ignored the law of your God, I also will ignore your children.
The book of Proverbs is filled with the comparisons of wisdom and ignorance.
 In Proverbs chapter seven we can see destruction that ignorance causes.
We are taught in the first part of that chapter to store up wisdom. Following the instructions to store up and keep wisdom is a story of a foolish young man.  He walks around in the dark with no purpose or direction. He is deceived and seduced and finally his ignorance causes his death.
But we can see in Proverbs 4:20-22 the life giving  power of learning and keeping the Word in our heart.
Proverbs 4:20-22 My son, pay attention to what I say; turn your ear to my words. Do not let them out of your sight; keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to one’s whole body.
See what I mean? You can't know what you don't know. But what you don't know can kill you!

No comments: