Saturday, August 23, 2014

Little Things and Big Things

Many years ago I had and encounter with the Lord that changed the way I thought about prayer. I had read something about "Practicing the presence of God." and thinking about Proverbs 3:6 which says, " In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths."

So one day while I was doing the dishes and looking out my window I said a simple prayer. It went something like this, "Lord, I don't feel spiritual right now but I know that you are here with me and I acknowledge your presence." All at once it was if my window changed into a road map. Then the Lord spoke to me. "Do you see the big lines?" "Yes Lord." "Those are your major decisions which you do pray about." "Do you see the little lines?" "Yes, Lord." "Those are the little decisions. I want to be in all of your decisions."

That was so powerful to me. It made me realize that the Lord wants to be intimate with us. He loves us so much that He wants to be in constant in fellowship with us.

Through that encounter I learned that when I pray about the little things and I see those prayers answered, it is easier to believe He answers the big things too!

No comments: