Monday, July 14, 2014

Pleas- Are You Looking For The Answer?

Do you ever ask Jesus about things throughout the day? "Oh Lord, where did I put that?", or "Oh Lord, please help me with ..." Do you mean it when you say these things? Are you watching for Him to answer your little pleas?

When we walk with the Lord we need to be aware of His presence. He is omnipresent. That means He is everywhere all the time. (Psalms 139)  He is that friend that sticks closer than a brother. We can and should talk to Him as if He is right here with us, because He really is.

Not long after I received the Holy Spirit, a strange thing happened. As I was going about my day I began talking to the Lord. The conversation went something like this: "Lord, I don't really feel spiritual right now but I know that You are here with me and I want to acknowledge Your presence." (I had just memorized Proverbs 3:6 which says, "In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths." ) Our apartment had colonial style window panes, and as I looked out my  window, instead I saw a map. And the Lord said to me, "Do you see the big lines?" I answered, "yes." He said to me, "Those represent all of the major decisions in your life, which you do pray about. Do you see the little ones? Those are your little decisions and if You will inquire of Me I will direct those also."

That was so precious to me! I cherish it and I try to practice His presence every day. So  I challenge you today. When you say a little prayer, watch for the answer. You will be amazed at how much the Lord loves you and cares about all of your little pleas.

Psalms 37:4 NLT Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you your heart’s desires.

No comments: