Monday, July 21, 2014

Do-overs

Lamentations 3:22-23 ESV The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.


We are going to mess up so many times!  In fact we have messed up many times already. But the good thing is we get, "Do-overs." 

Have you ever noticed that most of our trials involve people. Anger, grief, joy, gladness, these are all examples of how people affect our lives. And unless we live under a rock, we all must deal with people, and other folks have to deal with us! The Bible teaches us that there is none righteous, no not one.  (Romans 3:10)

We have many opportunities to make things right between us. Even the Apostle Paul struggled with people and situations. "Do-overs" if you will. We have arguments with our spouses, family, friends and co-workers . (II Corinthians 12:17, Romans 7:19)

It is the Lord's will that we live in peace as much as we can. When in difficult situations, we need to ask ourselves, "What would Jesus do?"  Jesus always did those things that pleased the Father.

*Romans 3:10As it is written:  There is none righteous, no, not one;

*II Corinthians 12:17 even though I have received such wonderful revelations from God. So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud.

*Romans 7:19 I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway.

No comments: