Thursday, April 17, 2014

The Father's Thoughts



Isaiah 55:8-9 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the LORD. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.
 
Don't you ever struggle with ungodly thoughts?  I do. But they are just thoughts. Right? One of the things the Lord hates are hearts with wicked imaginations (Proverbs 6:18).
 
We all know that Satan is the tempter. But he can not read our minds.  He can put a thought in front of us but it is up to us whether or not to entertain it!
 
On the other hand the Father is Omniscient.  He knows everything. In Psalms 139: 2 we can see that He knows our thoughts.
 
His thoughts are higher than ours. His ways are higher than our ways.
 
Let this be our prayer: Psalms 19:14 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.

No comments: