Saturday, April 26, 2014

Walkin' the Talk


We have heard it said many times that actions speak louder than words, and also that we should preach 100% of the time, only 10% with our mouths. And here is another good one, “Our walk talks louder than our talk talks!”

We live in a society that says, “If it feels good do it!”

We are constantly being bombarded with the thought that it doesn’t matter what other people think just as long as we are happy.

But it does matter. Others are indeed watching.

Jesus said in Matthew 5:16 in the same way let your good deeds shine out for all to see, so that everyone will praise your heavenly Father.

I have to ask myself, “What are my actions saying?”

Galatians 5:13 for you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don’t use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love.

I Corinthians 8:9 but you must be careful so that your freedom does not cause others with a weaker conscience to stumble.

Romans 12:2 don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.
Prayer: Lord please help me to walk my talk!

No comments: