Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Peacemakers

Matthew 5:9  Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called the children of God.

I noticed something in this passage. It is the term peacemaker and not peacekeeper.

It is just common sense that one can not keep something that has not been made. Right?

When we are in a situation of unrest, strife, and anything that disturbs peace we need to recognize it for what it is.  It is warfare and a perfect opportunity to see God's mighty hand at work!

So how do we make peace?
Try this delicious recipe!

Ingredients:
Praise and Prayer: (Psalms 116:1 I love the LORD because he hears my voice and my prayer for mercy.)
Fruit of the Holy Spirit: (Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,)
The Word of God:  (Psalms 119:11 Thy Word I have hidden in my heart that I might not sin against thee.)
Godly words and thoughts: (Psalms 19:14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
Be acceptable in Your sight,  O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer.
Gentle speech: (Proverbs 15:1 A gentle answer deflects anger, but harsh words make tempers flare.)


Then give it a taste!
Psalms 34:8 Taste and see that the LORD is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in him!







No comments: