Thursday, March 1, 2012

More Thoughts about Temptation...Loving the Lord with my mind.

The physical part of my most recent temptation is smoking.
That's part that people see.
To be honest when the thought occurs for me to light up, it's not that I need a nicotine fix.
I was absolutely delivered of that!
It's more like I just want to do my own thing.

It's a mindless kind of thing.
Some of those thoughts are kind of like this:
"Oh I'm in the car, time to light up.", "I'm on the phone...", "Just finished eating..."
So a lot of the "smoking" temptation is really just a habit that needs to be changed.
But it's a habit of the mind.
Temptation starts in the thoughts.

So now it is time to love the Lord with all of our mind.

How does that work you might ask.
Every time I find myself thinking about temptation, I must acknowledge the Lord in my thoughts, my mind. I may think, "So help me Jesus, to take my every thought captive and Lord renew my mind." And I ask Him, "Just let me walk close to You".
"Lord, let me have Your thoughts and not my own."
(II Cor. 10:5 NIV - We destroy every proud obstacle that keeps people from knowing God. We capture their rebellious thoughts and teach them to obey Christ.)

He is that friend that sticks closer than a brother!

We need Jesus to help us in every endeavor!
(Philippians 4:13 in NIV...For I can do everything through Christ,* who gives me strength.

Let me just encourage you, please take time to memorize some scripture.
You can't remember what you don't know!

Scripture references: 2 Corinthians  10:4-5. Philippians 4:13, Romans 8:7, Romans 12:2

No comments: