Saturday, March 3, 2012

My Encounter

 A few Sundays ago we viewed a video that depicted a girl having an encounter with Jesus.
The girl was carrying a smelly, black trash bag on her back. Jesus asked her why she had been avoiding Him. She told Him, that she didn't want Him to smell it.

Long and short of it is that Jesus wanted to set her free!
She had an encounter with Jesus and was on top of the world.
But then her reasoning became skewed.
She reached into trash bag and pulled out a sin to "remind" her of her deliverance, thus resisting the lover of her soul!

I was like that woman in the video.
The Lord's been dealing with me about smoking for a long time.
I have even at times thrown a pack into the trash can only to retrieve them later!
But on that Sunday, I realized Jesus wanted to set me free.
I put that nasty habit into His hands and He set me free!

John 8:36 NIV So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

NOTE: The date of the service was February 26th 2012, entitled "Encounter God". You can listen on our website or purchase the cd.

No comments: