Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Divine Appointments

Our computer has not been working right.
Sometimes it works,  sometimes it doesn't.

Yesterday I felt an urge to go to the library to study... again, even though I didn't have a study plan.

When I got there I really wasn't all that productive.
But then an old friend came in.
We talked and caught up on eachother's family and work.

I felt the urge to ask her where she was going to church and she told me she was not regularly attended anywhere. She told me she could always find an excuse not to go.

I told her how much I love my church and can't hardly wait to be there.
She said she missed that feeling.
I told her how God was moving in our church and in my life.
I told her how Jesus has set me free from smoking.
Her eyes got teary and she said she had been struggling with the same thing.

She said she struggled because she sometimes feels like she's not worthy to be loved by Jesus, and I was able to tell her how much Jesus loves her.

We both agreed that this had not been a chance meeting but rather a "Divine Appointment".
I invited her to church and I believe she will come.

Sometimes we don't understand why things happen.
 The little frustrations that change our normal daily routine.
But we should rejoice because...

Psalms 37:23 NLT :
The LORD directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.

No comments: