Thursday, March 27, 2014

Blessed Assurance- Back to the Basics


When I was a new Christian the thing I struggled with most was the assurance of my salvation.
I was fearful most of the time.  I knew only that I was saved from hell and would go to heaven when I died. Or at least I hoped, and then I feared, and then I hoped and then I feared. And the vicious cycle continued.

In fact that cycle was so strong that I kept going to the alter at each alter call. And to be honest it didn't hurt me. In fact it helped me. I didn't need to be saved that many times, but I did need the assurance that I was saved.

The assurance didn't come quickly or easily but at the same time it wasn't hard either. All it took was some time, some effort and some prayer. I had a teacher who taught me the importance of memorizing scriptures. And that is a really important thing! *

Here are a couple of the passages that really helped me:

John 10:28-29 "And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. “My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand.

No one can take you out of God's hand. You are His sheep!

But then... what if I did something? Could I lose my salvation?

I John 1:9 But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.

So if you are "saved", have no worries! Your salvation is secure.You will grow in Christ and people will begin to see changes in your life.*

You will still mess up. We all do, every day! But like it says in I John 1:9 If we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.

I have heard it said, "If you mess up, 'fess up!" And that is true. Stay in the word and keep your prayer life active!

Be blessed little sheep! God loves you!


*Psalms 119:11 I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.
* Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
*Philippians 1:6 And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.

If you still have questions please leave a comment and I will help you in anyway I can!

No comments: