Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Confessions and Prayer Requests

James 5:16
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
 
Pride keeps us from speaking openly and honestly about our faults. But face it, none of us are perfect! We all have issues.
 
I confess to you now that I struggle with food issues. I had a battle with a half dozen chocolate chip cookies and I lost! Now that may not seem like a sin to you but to me it is. I am diabetic and over weight. My body is supposed to be the temple of the Holy Spirit. Did I realize I was getting into sin? You bet I did.  My spirit was willing but my flesh was weak. 
 
So now I ask that you would pray for me to be strong in the Lord and the power of His might. Pray that I would be free from excess and able to resist that temptation. And I promise I will pray for you too, when you tell me what you need help with!
 
Blessings!


No comments: