Sunday, November 30, 2014

Back To The Beginning - Assurance of Salvation

So you got "saved" a while ago.  You go to church. You pray and you even read your Bible. But you might have some little, niggling fears that make you doubt you salvation.

You know, these thoughts, "Am I really saved?" How do I know I am going to Heaven?" You might even have different questions and that's normal. 

Many seasoned believers would tell us that they too have struggled with the assurance of salvation. And they would also tell us that the only way to have that assurance is to memorize scriptures that pertain to salvation.

Satan will try anything to make you doubt your salvation.  He will remind you of your past. He will tempt you to do things you shouldn't do. And let's be clear, following Jesus is not just a "things not to do" or a "things I must to list." Being saved means following Jesus and developing a relationship with Him, the Living Word of God.

So we know why we need to be saved: Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. And Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. That knowledge is what brought you to salvation.

And we know how we got saved. If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and that God has raised Him from the dead you will be saved. Romans 10:9

But maybe you get frightened that you can't "stay" saved. I used to feel that way too. These verses will help you. Just take one per week. Write it on a card, say it out loud. Put it on a post it note on your mirror. But keep at it until you absolutely have it memorized and then move on to the next one.

John 10:27 My sheep know my voice and I know them and they follow me.
John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.
John 10:29 My Father who gave them unto me is greater than all and no man is able to snatch them out of my Father's hand.

 



*John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.
*John 1:14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

No comments: