Saturday, November 8, 2014

Thoughts - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly


Psalms 66:18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:

Have you ever felt like your prayers were hitting the ceiling and going no farther? We need to pay attention when that happens.  While it is true that we walk and pray in faith, we need to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit.

When we feel like our prayers are ineffective we need to praise the Lord, meditate on the Word, and ask Jesus to search our heart. When we do that, we are inviting the Lord to show us where we are missing the mark, which is what sin really is. * Psalms 51:10

Remember that the Lord knows all of our thoughts, the good, the bad and the ugly.*Psalms 94:11

Ask yourself, "Would I like it if someone thought those thoughts about me?", "Would I want someone to say that about me?" , "Would I want someone to pray that for me?" If the answer is no to any of those questions we have some errant thoughts.

We mustn't let  sin separate us from the Lord! Guilt can cause us to avoid prayer, but if we confess our thoughts to the Lord, He will cleanse us and forgive us , because He loves us!*

*Psalms 15:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

*Psalms 94:11 The LORD knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity.

*I John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.



No comments: