Thursday, October 19, 2017

A New Thought About Joy

I've started a new endeavor. One that I absolutely know will fail without the strength and help of the Lord. So in my devotions I asked the Lord for strength. A verse popped into my head. That in itself it not unusual because Jesus told us that He would send the Holy Spirit to remind us of what He had said.

The verse was... The joy of the Lord is my strength. (Neh 8:10 (b) That got me thinking. So many times I've thought the "the joy" being "my" joy. But what if that isn't all there is to it? What if "the joy" is His joy? Perhaps it's both.

  Take a look at what  Jeremiah said, (Jeremiah 15:16 TLB) When I discovered your words, I devoured them.They are my joy and my heart’s delight,for I bear your name,O LORD God of Heaven’s Armies

So... my joy comes from consuming the Word of God, taking it in and taking it to heart.  But there is more. If His joy is my strength I needed to understand more about His joy.

Common sense tells us that we love to give gifts to our children. Don't want to reward our children for good behavior or when they have overcome a bad attitude?Perhaps we want to reward them for bringing up good grades. A reward  could be a tangible gift or it could simply be a word of encouragement or a hug. Still we are delighted when our children do well. But on the other hand when correction is necessary that is never pleasant. It has to be done, but still it is done because we love them and want them to overcome.


So I am encouraged and I hope you will be too. Remember how much your heavenly Father loves you and He longs for a relationship with you.

YES you are!! Just had to tell you my fellow pinners... :-)


*Matthew 7:11 So if you then being evil know how to give good gifts to your children how much more with your heavenly Father give good gifts to those who ask Him.


* Proverbs 3:12 For the Lord corrects those whom He loves just as a father corrects a child in whom He delights.

 

No comments: