Friday, October 28, 2016

Iron Sharpening Iron

Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.

It is inevitable that in our lives there will be friction. It is just bound to happen. We can be unbending, demanding that our way is the right way with no exceptions or we can use it as an opportunity to grow and encourage others.
 
There are times when I just need to be reined in. I am opinionated and stubborn. But I am blessed with a Lord who is always with me and ready to forgive. I am also blessed with a few close friends/sisters.
 
These are the people I can share my frustrations with. We are able to speak freely amongst ourselves. We listen, pray and encourage each other. Sometimes the words prick our hearts and even make us a bit angry but they always bring us back to the Living Word, the sword of the Spirit, the Prince of peace. That's how the iron gets sharpened.
 
It is my sincere prayer that anyone who reads this is blessed with a friend who loves Christ!
 
Sometimes, being with your best friend, is all the therapy you need. click on this image to see the most sophisticated collection of inspiring quotes!:

No comments: