Thursday, October 27, 2016

Faith Comes By Hearing - Romans 10: 17

Romans 10:17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

I've always been of the mind set that this passage means that faith comes by hearing means strictly by hearing the word being preached or taught. But what if it's more than that?

Jesus said that the Holy Spirit would remind us of the things He said and that He would be our teacher.* Well, how can we be reminded of something we don't know in the first place?  How could we hear  and learn from the Holy Spirit  if we don't recognize His voice?

Here is an example. Jesus told Peter that he would deny Him three times before the rooster crowed, before it happened. How could Peter be reminded if he didn't first hear the Word speak to him?

The psalmist said, Your word I have hidden in my heart that I might not sin against You. What would be the point of memorizing the Word if he didn't know he would have to recall it?

It is still true that we need pastors and teachers who will teach us. But it is up to us to have a personal relationship with the Living Word in order to hear Him by faith.

"But when the Father sends the Advocate (or Comforter) as my representative - that is, the Holy Spirit - He will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you." - John 14:26  #Jesus #HolySpirit #Bible:



John 14:26 “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

Matthew 26:75 And Peter remembered the word of Jesus who had said to him, “Before the rooster crows, you will deny Me three times.” So he went out and wept bitterly.

Psalms 119:11 Your word I have hidden in my heart,
That I might not sin against You.


Isaiah 30:21Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” Whenever you turn to the right hand  Or whenever you turn to the left.

No comments: