Sunday, September 27, 2015

What's In A Name?

Think about your closest friend for a moment. Do you know their whole name? Do you know their nick names?

* John 15:14-15 “You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.

* In Matthew 21:9Then the multitudes who went before and those who followed cried out, saying: Hosanna to the Son of David! Blessed is He who comes in the name of the LORD!’
Hosanna in the highest

Jesus calls us his friends. What's in a name? A lot!

 
Holy  Beautiful Names that represents Jesus Christ. I will LOVE JESUS CHRIST FOREVER.:

 
Friend in the Strong's concordance entry G5384
 friend, to be friendly to one, wish him well
  1. a friend
  2. an associate
  3. he who associates familiarly with one, a companion
  4. one of the bridegroom's friends who on his behalf asked the hand of the bride and rendered him various services in closing the marriage and celebrating the nuptials

Name in the Strong's concordance entry G3686:
  1. name: univ. of proper names
  2. the name is used for everything which the name covers, everything the thought or feeling of which is aroused in the mind by mentioning, hearing, remembering, the name, i.e. for one's rank, authority, interests, pleasure, command, excellences, deeds etc.
  3. persons reckoned up by name
  4. the cause or reason named: on this account, because he suffers as a Christian, for this reason

 

No comments: