Monday, December 15, 2014

Flesh And Blood


John 6:53: Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

I confess this verse has always confounded me. How could we literally eat the flesh and drink the blood of Jesus? If we take the time to study, we will see that Jesus often spoke figuratively, in parables.

When Jesus tells us we must eat His flesh, He is speaking of His nature and philosophy. When He speaks of drinking His blood, He is speaking of drinking in what strengthens and refreshes the soul. Later on in the chapter He reveals to us that the Words that He speaks are spirit and life. We must take the time to pray and study.

My sister told me on more than one occasion that we make time for what is important to us.  I believe Jesus is saying the same thing. 
 

 
 


 

*Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

*Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

 Prayer: Lord I love you and want to spend time with you. Please help me find a time during the day to devote to you and make that  my first priority!

 

No comments: