Tuesday, October 21, 2014

When I'm Afraid

Have you ever been afraid and had a brother or sister in the Lord spout out, "God doesn't give us a spirit of fear!" *Those words are true. God doesn't give us a spirit of fear. But the longer I walk with the Lord the more I realize that there are indeed times when I am afraid.

I know of a person who had a major surgery.  Though, she is a stout believer, she was quaking in her boots and holding on by the skin of her teeth. But holding on, even if it is by the skin of our teeth is the key to working through fear.

Jesus said that we must come to the kingdom of God as little children. Children are humble and not afraid to say they're afraid!

So the next time you are frightened, like a child, run into the arms of our sweet savior! Hold on to His unseen hand and to your faith and say in your heart, "What time I am afraid I will trust in you!"


*2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

* Psalms 56:3  What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee."


*Psalms 73:26 My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
 



No comments: