Sunday, January 19, 2014

Power of Words -They Can Hurt


Proverbs 18:21 NLT The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences.
James 3:8 NLT but no one can tame the tongue. It is restless and evil, full of deadly poison.
Luke 6:45 NLT A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. What you say flows from what is in your heart.
Who hasn't been guilty of rash words. I know I have spoken hateful and angry words many, many times. I bet you have too. We all have. And we can't even help it in our own strength and ability. Yet, words do indeed hurt. Once an unkind word is said, the damage is already done. Think about some of the things we say. "You always...", You never...",  "You are...", or "I wish...", "She, they, he..." And we no doubt will mess up again because we aren't  perfect people.
.  We speak what is in our heart or the place of our emotions. Emotions can be happy or sad, mad or glad and many places in between. But there is hope for us. If we take time to store up, treasure or memorize scriptures our hearts become changed. We are able to draw, not on our own strength or vocabulary, but on the Word of God! *
Prayer: Father please grant me the desire to treasure your word and keep it in my heart and mind. Lead me to passages that will come to me and be my rescue, that I might not sin against you, no matter what I am going through. In Christ's name, amen.
* See Psalms 119:11 for further study.
Ps. 119:11 ESV I  have stored up your word in my heart,
that I might not sin against you.
 

 
 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments: