Friday, July 22, 2016

What's Your Motivation?


Okay I will admit it. It frightens me to drive on the interstate. But in order to get to my daughter's house, drive on the interstate I must. Today I left during rush hour. As I listened to the traffic reports there were multiple crashes right in the direction I was heading. So...I chickened out and got on a road I was familiar with and began to pray.  I told the Lord I was afraid and confused. What route should I take? Then a thought popped into my head,"What motivated you to change your route in the first place?" Fear. The entrance to the interstate kept catching my eye and since I'd already asked the Lord for direction, I took it. Yes it was congested. Yes it was slow at times. But something was different. I had peace and I knew I had followed the Lord in faith.

The point is sometimes  fear is our motivation to change courses. When that happens perhaps what is best is to slow down and pray. Then trust the Lord to answer you and give you direction and peace.
A little inspiration goes a long way (24 Photos):

Romans 14:23(b.) But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because he does not eat from faith; for whatever is not from faith is sin. (emphasis mine)

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.

No comments: