Wednesday, May 20, 2015

I've Got The Power - We Must Choose, Use and Become

I am quoting, "I've Got The Power" from a song that was in a movie. But it is relative to me. As I thought about John 1:12, I read that to as many as received Him, to them he gave the power to become the sons of God. Even to those who believed on his name.

There have been times in my life where I took being a "child of God" for granted. It is a sign that I am growing lukewarm and that is a dangerous place to be!

 Becoming a child of God takes an effort on our part. We make that effort first by receiving Christ, then spending time with Him, taking in the Word and applying it to our lives.

I am the Good Shepherd. The Good Shepherd gives His life for the sheep. John 10:11 (compare to Zechariah 9:16) "The Lord their God will save his people on that day as a shepherd saves his flock."

John 10:4 “And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.

No comments: