Friday, February 7, 2014

Love Never Fails


I think we have all been through struggles with different people. Let's face it some folks are easier to love than others.  But Jesus instructs us to "love our enemies and pray for those who despitefully use" us. And we may think, "Well, that's not fair!" But Jesus says that if we love only those who love us what good are we. Even sinners do the same thing, but our righteousness must exceed that.*

You may ask, "How do I 'love' my enemies?" Well we can start by taking a look at I Corinthians 13:1-3. 
If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing.
If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
 
We can do a lot of good things. Even do what we think of as "the Lord's work." But if it isn't done in love it is worthless.
 
I Cor. 13:4-8 Gives us the real meanings of love.  Love is patient and kind, it's not envious or boastful or proud. Love is not easily provoked; (to anger), it is not selfish or self-centered. Love hardly even notices when others do it wrong.  Love is not rude. Love never gives up, it never loses faith and it always hopeful.  Love never fails.
 
Love is an action word.  It is not an easy thing to do. We even have issues at home. Right? But never the less, love is the only way to get through those battles in victory.
 
I will try to elaborate more tomorrow.
 


*Matthew 5:46-47

No comments: