Tuesday, April 3, 2012

No Triumph with out Trial

We can't have a triumph without a trial.

Trials are absolutely inevitable and essential for our spiritual growth:

John 16:33 NLT I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
 

They won't be pleasant, but they won't last forever:

Psalms 23:4 NLT  Even when I walk through the darkest valley,* I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me.

We may, like King David ask ourselves :

Psalms 43:5 NIV
Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.
 
But above all  remember this!

James 1:2-3 NIV Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds,
because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.

No comments: